Friday 3 July 2009

Interview well: Don't complain about your current or former employer

Being able to Interview well is an invaluable skill. This is rather an unusual technique as it’s a behaviour you need get out of the habit of doing as supposed to one you need to learn to start doing. Countless number of Job Interviewees do it (including myself at one point) and that is slating your current/ previous employers or boss. Just avoiding doing this simple thing will help you to Interview well and raise your Interview success.

Lets discuss why this simple Interview technique will raise your Interview success. Any respectable Interviewer will want to employ someone that is loyal, slating your prior boss or employer isn’t the actions of someone who is loyal.

The other reason you need to avoid this bad habit is because it can look like you are perhaps covering the real reason why you left your current position. I can recall on several occasions where I have interviewed candidates who have really torn strips off their prior employers, then when further research was carried out into the candidates background it turns out the candidate was fired or performing badly there. So its best to avoid slating prior/ current employers and bosses altogether.

If you are asked why you left or are looking to leave answer the question similarly to this:

“I am looking for a new challenge and to move in to position where I can progress within my career and improve upon my skills set. I don’t believe this is something I can achieve staying with my current employers.”

You will Interview well if you follow this basic Interview technique, the main reason being is it stops the Interviewer forming negative thoughts about you. The key to Interview success is to make the Interviewer positive about not only your skills and how you can aid the Interview but positive about you as an individual.


Learn the secrets to land th job you desire: www.land-that-job.com

No comments:

Post a Comment